Work Permits & Experience
While school is in session, students needing to renew or receive a work permit MUST contact their school site Work Experience Coordinator to make an appointment.
WORK PERMIT POLICY IS IN EFFECT
- 2.0 or better GPA
- No F's
- Satisfactory Attendance
To access a Work Permit Application Form click HERE.
WHO TO CONTACT
Contact Mrs.Calvert at email@example.com for questions or information.
WORK EXPERIENCE APPLICATION PROCESS
Work permits can take up to 48 hours to process. Please drop off your work permit application to room 392 BEFORE SCHOOL starts, no later than 8:35am.
- A Business offers employment to a minor
- Receive a Work Permit APPLICATION
- COMPLETE the Work Permit APPLICATION
- The Business/Employer /Manager complete their section of the Work permit APPLICATION,
- Parent needs to complete their section of the application giving minor permission to work.
- The Working Minor student area needs to be completed.
- Complete School Address information
- EMAIL your work permit/Work Experience Coordinator at your HOME SCHOOL for an appointment.
The working MINOR must be present.
- Minor will sign their signature and receive their work permit.
- Minor Student MUST BE PRESENT !!
When meeting for your appointment be SURE TO BRING:
- Work permit application COMPLETED with ORIGINAL signatures(Business, Parent, & Minor)
- OWN Pen
*Parent is NOT required to be present
WORK EXPERIENCE EDUCATION
Provides paid or unpaid on-the-job experiences for secondary school students through training agreements with employers. Please contact the Work Experience Coordinator at your student's school. Types of work experience programs include:
More information and links:
- California Department of Education - Work Experience Program
- Association for all Work Permit issuers and Work Experience Educators
- Frequently Asked Questions regarding Work Permits
- Child Labor Laws: Students work for a wide variety of reasons—to earn income, gain on-the-job experience, or connect what they are learning in the classroom to the real world. Minors employed in the state of California must have a Permit to Employ and Work (commonly referred to as a “work permit”). Work permits are typically issued by the school where the student is enrolled. Work permits indicate the location of the employer as well as the number of hours a minor may work.
Work Permit Summer Issuance Schedule
You must email the approriate individual for an appointment. Permits are issued between 8:00AM and 12:00PM. The minor student MUST BE PRESENT. You WILL need proof of age. (Birth certificate, driver's license, or CA ID for minors not currently enrolled in the AVUHSD. Incomplete infomraon will DELAY the Process of Issuance
Summer of 2023
Email for an appointment. You many go to any school with an appointment.
|May 29 - June 2||School of Attendance||School of Attendance||School of Attendance||School of Attendance||Lnhs, LHS, EHS|
|June 5 - June 9||LNHS, EHS||QHHS, EHS||EHS||EHS||HHS|
|June 12 - June 16||EHS||EHS||EHS||EHS||HHS|
|June 19 - June 23||CLOSED||HHS||HHS||HHS||HHS|
|June 26 - June 30||LHS, EHS||LHS, EHS||LHS, EHS||LHS||LHS|
|July 3 - July 7||HHS, PHS||CLOSED||HHS, PHS||PHS||PHS|
|July 10 - July 14||EHS, PHS||EHS, PHS||EHS, PHS||PHS||PHS|
|July 17 - July 21||EHS, PHS||EHS, PHS||EHS, PHS||PHS||PHS|
|July 24 - July 28||PHS||PHS||PHS||PHS||PHS|
|July 31 - Aug 4||QHHS||QHHS||QHHS||QHHS||CLOSED|
|Aug 7 - Aug 11||CLOSED||CLOSED||CLOSED||CLOSED||CLOSED|
|Aug 14 - Aug 18||1ST Day of School||Renew at own school||Renew at own school||Renew at own school||Renew at own school|
|Schools Issuing Permits||Contact||Email for Appointment|
|EHS - Eastside High School||T. Greenfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|PHS - Palmdale High School||C. Calvertemail@example.com|
|QHHS - Quartz Hill High School
LnHS - Lancaster High School
|HHS - Highland High School
LHS - Littlerock High School
1. COMPLETE "ALL" REQUIRED information on Work Permit application:
a) Minor's Infomraion - REQUIRED / Student applicant MUST be present to sign for work permit.
b) Parent/Guardian Signature & Date - REQUIRED / Parent NOT required to be present.
c) Employer - Complete with signature - ALL information - REQUIRED (no copied or stamped signatures)
2. Email Work Experience Coordinator for an appointment - (Same day appointments are NOT available)
a) USE school issued email to make an appointmentso you don't go into SPAM folder.
b) Indicate which school you attend and include your student ID number in the email.
c) **Complete Step 1 above before emailing for an appointment.
3. BRING Proof of Age - Birth certificate, driver's license, or CA ID (if not currently enrolled in the AVUHSD)
4. Fall Renewal - Begins August 14, 2023 with your school's work experience coordinator.