If It Does Not Exist In Nature, Engineers Will Design and Build It
To apply for the Palmdale Engineering Academy, complete the Engineering Academy Application From.
What the Palmdale Engineering Academy offers our students is:
- Classes with other students and teachers who have similar Interests.
- A unique selection of courses that emphasize both career technical education and academic work.
- One-on-one time with staff and counselors to help students work toward long-term goals.
- Opportunities to participate in field trips, internships, and competitions.
- Students develop leadership abilities and technical skills with the opportunity to compete from local to national levels.
Introduction to Engineering Design
Students dig deep into the engineering design process, applying math, science, and engineering standards to hands-on projects.
Principles of Engineering
Students explore a broad range of engineering topics, including mechanisms, the strength of structures and materials, and automation through problems that engage and challenge.
Computer Integrated Manufacturing
This course illuminates the opportunities related to understanding manufacturing. At the same time, it teaches students about manufacturing processes, product design, robotics, and automation.
Engineering Design and Development
The knowledge and skills students acquire throughout PLTW Engineering come together in EDD as they identify an issue and then research, design, and test solution, ultimately presenting their solution to a panel of engineers.
Solar Car Race Team
The Solar Car Race Team is an after school program designed to motivate students in science, engineering, and alternative energy. Students learn to design, engineer, build, and race roadworthy electric and solar cars. The end of each education cycle is the Solar Car Challenge: A closed-track event at the world famous Texas Speedway, or a cross country even designed to give students an opportunity to show the country the product of their efforts.
Falcon Elite Drone Squadron
Solar Falcon Race Team
SkillsUSA, California Chapter 337